Nobody every said that being in a relationship is easy but by following some basic rules, you could substantially improve your happiness.
- Put in some effort: No, relationships should not be work, but .. you still need to work on it. At the end of the day that’s the whole thing, you want to be in a relationship, and you were putting already a lot of effort as a single person to find your partner, now that you did you can redirect some of that effort to build that relationship.
- Take it easy: It’s about the long run, and not the short sprint. If you burn yourself in the first few days, months, .. what are you going to do after that?
- Give 90%: Yes, only up to 90%, as long as both of you are doing the same. You need some “me” time, for you, for your friends, for your family.. It’s about growing, not escaping from the world.
- You are responsible for your own happiness: Yes, you, not your partner, nor anyone else. Don’t make someone else responsible for your happiness.. so if you’re not happy, you need to find out why, and determine if it is something that can be solved or not.
- Stop waiting and live your life: Yes, you’re in a relationship, not in a sentence. It is your life, go out and live it, share it with your partner as much as you’re comfortable with, but it still is your life..
- Love yourself: If you don’t love yourself, how can you love anyone else? Yes it is great to have the love and support of your partner, but it must start by feeling great about yourself.. You don’t feel great, then find out what you want to change and start doing it, today..
- Love can be what you were not expecting: Maybe your ideal love life is that of your parents, that of a friend, or the one you see in movies, magazines, or social media. The reality is that is “their” love life, and does not needs to be yours. You got to find out what makes “the both of you happy” and stop comparing it with everyone else.
- Don’t put boundaries on others: This is one is one of the tricky ones.. Have you hear the “if you love them let them go, if they come back they’re yours, if they don’t they never were..” .. Well that’s true, you need to let them be themselves and go if they want.. On the other hand, you have the same right, and .. no, you don’t have to take them back if they left on the first place.. You don’t need to “put boundaries” but, anywhoe who chooses not to stick around, good riddance 🙂
To read the complete article please visit The Best Relationship Advice I Ever Received
Are you ready to start working on your relationship?
Do you want to start learning how to deal with those challenges that you’re facing with your partner?
The Relationship Manual for Modern Couples can helpRelationship Manual